Friday, September 27, 2013

Honda CB-Trigger

Hello Friends,

I am pleased to start writing my product experiences with this Honda CB-Trigger product. I was looking for a good 150cc bike for my brother who just joined the college. I was recommending him usual running 150cc bikes like Bajaj Pulsar, Hero Xtream, Hero Hunk etc. But he was refusing all those well known bikes and willing to own Yamaha FZ-S. I was strictly against it due to its less mileage and high maintenance cost, which I came to know from my few friends who owned this bike.

During my visit to Honda showroom for servicing my Honda Dio, I talked to the sales person who had been a good friend of mine during purchase of Dio. He said that few days back Honda has launched a new bike in this segment and the look is quite competitive to Yamaha FZ-S. I had been excited to hear this news from him because I trust Honda vehicles and was confident that in longrun Honda bikes can definitely beat Yamaha!

After some conversations me and my brother agreed upon Honda CB-Trigger, as he is getting FZ-S kind look and I was getting Honda's reliability. So, we finally booked the bike and dealer promised to deliver within 10 days. But fortunately I got it within next 3-4 days of booking. 








I had driven the bike around 30-40km only in first 3 days within Ahmedabad city and then I was going to other town for attending a ceremony, which is around 120km from Ahmedabad. Due to monsoon weather I preferred to take bike ride and tune its engine on highway. Though this decision can be trouble making due to longride and slow driving for tuning the engine, but at the end everything gone quite well! Thanks to the CB-Trigger.

During that journey I covered 260km in a single day with average speed of 40-50kmph. Me and my pillow rider were still quite comfortable throughout in this long journey and reached safely and happily back in the late evening. Also, I was surprised to knew that Trigger gave 67kmpl mileage during this journey. Just recently I again measured the mileage in cityride and I was very happy to see that it served me 64kmpl in city area! This mileage was unbelievable for me from 150cc segment bike. I was really impressed with it and found that its worth the price in long run.

Till date I have driven more than 500km and not found any technical issue. Except I am feeling gear bit hard from initial day, and looking forward to be it smooth after some running or will get it checked during first service.

So, overall I am very happy with this bike but there are few cons which I have observed with this bike and that are:

- Gear shifting is bit hard(Can be a case with me only)

- Switch quality looks like Honda's commuter bike segment
- Gear padel is simple like Splendor or Passion (Though I liked it for keeping my shoes well)
- Silencer has got heat cover but looks like color is not so well sticked and getting scratches from foot, It would be greater if Honda has given extra foot pedal on it like Karizma or kept full black or steel.


Overall I am rating this bike 9/10 from my experience over Bajaj Pulser, Hero Karizma, Hero Xtream. I must admit that if you are looking for a good 150cc bike then definitely go for Honda CB-Trigger.

Feel free to post your comments and questions. Thank you for reading the lengthy article! :)


Tags: CB-Trigger, Experience, Feedback, Honda, Honda Trigger, Honda2Wheelers, Mileage, Review, Bike, Two, Wheeler, Price, Compare, Specification, Details, Average, User,

26 comments:

  1. Good Review. Thanks to your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy i am even planning to buy one!! Could you help me with your contact number??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drop me your number and I will call you.

      Thanks!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Parin,

      I tried to call you but you didn't pickup call. I called from ********505

      Delete
  4. hi im planning to buy this bike. many reviews in net net say these points
    1. Engine is getting haeting soon within a small distance travel
    2.No Saree gaurd and front mud gaurd...which makes clothes dirty in rainy season..
    3.as u said gear is hard
    4.Headlights are not bright enough
    5.Mileage.. most of the people say that they are getting from 40 - 45 kmpl

    These are all the points im having in mind.. suggest me please...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Praveen,

      First of all sorry for being bit late in replying you. Here I am giving you my personal experience related to your queries:
      1. Engine is getting haeting soon within a small distance travel
      - I didn't feel so, even while travelling through heavy traffic in peak hours

      2.No Saree gaurd and front mud gaurd...which makes clothes dirty in rainy season.
      - I got both, Saree guard as well as leg guard. I also found same while looking through net. May be it was at initial launching. Now we have full accessories available for the bike.

      3.as u said gear is hard
      - After first service I got it working perfect.

      4.Headlights are not bright enough
      Its enough bright like the Karizma, which I was using before it.

      5.Mileage.. most of the people say that they are getting from 40 - 45 kmpl
      - Still I am easily getting minimum 60, Even when my younger brother uses it (Its first bike for him).

      Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

      Delete
  5. Also Suggest me whether i can go for Unicorn Trigger or CB Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both have same engine, except look and feel change. Trigger is a premium bike while CB Unicorn is 150cc commuter bike. So, it depends on your personal choice. I belive that both must be the almost same in performance consideration.

      Delete
  6. Hello Jagdish,

    I have read your reviews and are very interesting.

    Actually I want to purchase a 150cc bike.

    I am concerned about comfort sitting with family, good mileage, reliable, powerful and smooth engine and stylish look.

    I am confused between Honda CB Unicorn, Honda CB Trigger and Yamaha SZ-RR.

    In trigger, whether the pillion seat is comfortable for a lady to sit along with a child.

    My usage is approx 30 kms daily. Simply I use it for going office and back home.

    Please suggest one from these three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Harish,

      First of all thanks for reading and complementing my blog.

      Trigger comes as regular commuter bike features like single seat, so its quite comfortable for a small family like you or any other pillow rider. The only thing you and your wife has to see is just seat height, if you are comfortable with height then its ready to go. Rest its already serving best mileage in 150cc segment, Reliability and good service comes along with Honda, And power and smoothness of Honda are best then any other manufacturers. Look depends on your view or choice, so here you can decide on yourself.

      In your confusion, if you are looking for a youngster and stylish bike then go for Trigger. If you are looking for routine bike then go for Unicorn. I will never recommend Yamaha, because they are costly during purchase, requires high maintenance cost and servicing, and at the end very poor resale value.

      As per your usage the bike will be very much comfortable and easy to ride in city traffic or on highway.

      Feel free to let me know if you have any further query.

      Best Regards!

      Delete
  7. Hi Jagdish,
    Very well written blog!! I have a question: People say Unicorn gives mileage of 40-45 in the city. ..if trigger has the same engine as that of Unicorn, then how it manages to provide 60 kmpl? Please clarify. .thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It weights less and moreover, its engine is tuned and refined ....

      Delete
  8. HI,

    Iam planning to buy 150CC bike.

    Slight confusing between Trigger and Unicorn.

    I checked all reviews on trigger have vibration at 60kmph.

    Is this vibration is coming to all trigger bike?

    Like unicorn is also vibrating at 60 kmph or more speed?

    Pl compare vibration with unicorn and trigger.

    Pl clarify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trigger has more refined and advanced engine, so I didn't feel such issues with it even after using more than 6 months.

      Delete
  9. Hi Vinoth,

    Trigger has more refined and advanced engine, so I didn't feel such issues with it even after using more than 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi u have said that u have got both saree guard and mudgud....can u post a photo of these??i asked honda several times about these but they said these parts r not available for trigger...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, trigger does not come with saree gaurd by default. You have to buy these accessories, but some dealers give this for free.

      Delete
  11. I am planning to buy Trigger and I am confused between Std and CBS Models. I am not used to disc brakes and I am not sure which one to purchase. Can anyone help me if CBS is a good option for persons like me who are using disc brakes for first time ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kiran,

      Its fine to go with STD model as it comes with only front break. Also, if you are planning to go with top CBS model then also its fine. You will be used to it after driving for one week.

      Delete
  12. i feel vibration on this bike .. after 55km/h .. company said its normal .. i purchase this bike 2 months ago .. plz suggest me something ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, My name is Faisal from Bangladesh. Recently I purchased a CB Trigger 150cc. It was my dream to purchase a CB Trigger. Finally my dream come true. But I am very sorry to say now I am very sad with the performance of my CB Trigger.First of all I faced front Disk break problem.Break fluid reduced very early. In the morning fuel supply is not clear. Very hard to run for first 1 km. Engine sound is also not good as I desire after 1st Engine Oil change.I just run only 520 km till now. Please give me suggestion what should I do now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a useful blog that you have shared. keep shared. Thanks.Honda Dio showroom in Chennai


    ReplyDelete